Test Automation Engineer (m/w/d)
Would you like to be part of the energy revolution, while working in a flexible, innovative startup that is shaping the energy market nationally and globally? Then, backbone.one is the right company for you.
backbone.one is the world‘s first platform where energy trading, energy communities, and new business models based on renewables become a reality. By connecting decentralized renewable energy production & storage infrastructure on our platform we are enabling consumers and companies to trade renewable energy as a currency. This will substantially reduce the global energy footprint and foster new business opportunities across industries and regions.
We are searching for agile, motivated, and skilled new members for the team, that share our passion for innovation, as well as market disruption and are urging to fight climate change together with us.
What you will do:
As a Test Automation Engineer, you ensure the quality of our product and that requirements are met. Within your team you would be responsible for creating automated UI Tests for desktop and mobile devices, that can be distributed and executed within our CI/CD pipeline. As our product is growing quickly and needs to be customized for different customer environments, we also would need an easily maintainable framework, built on the newest technologies, to easily adapt and extend the test portfolio. This includes automation stability as well as Test data generation, mocking or virtualization. We want you to design the complete test suite together with us.
As 100% automation with reasonable effort is not possible, you need to decide where to invest in automation or where you want to test manually.
As the last line of defense, you will work closely with the product manager, the developers, and often also with our customers, as a bridge between them, when it comes to quality of the product.
As we are expanding quickly, we need self-sufficient members, that like to work in a team, and are comfortable with agile methodologies and ceremonies, like sprint planning, refinements, and retrospectives. You will work closely with the Product Management and agile coaches to improve your own skillset, the team’s velocity, and most importantly, the product.
What we are looking for:
- 2+ years of experience with coding of automated UI Scripts / Test cases
- Experience in using and managing large UI Automation projects
- Capability to create automation for Desktop-Browsers and Mobile-Devices/Mobile-Browsers
- Experience in leveraging a cloud service (like AWS or Azure) for deployment of UI Automation on different Browsers and different Browser Versions
- Know-how to analyze the coverage of manual and automated test cases to maximize efficiency
- Experience in creating a reusable Selenium framework (or similar technology) for reduced maintenance by leveraging e.g., an Object-Model for the different controls
- Capable of creating an extendable and reusable UI Test Automation framework or library for automated tests running in different customer environments
- Familiarity and real-life experience with Agile development methodologies and test methodologies within that framework
- Experience with test design and test development in a test-driven environment (e.g., BDD or Cucumber combined with Selenium)
- Able to write and execute Tests for Frontend systems (Cross-Browser based)
- Test software to meet consumers’ and clients’ needs (for example via visual and usability testing)
- Experience in analysis and reporting of Bugs in Jira (or similar ALM-/Bug-tracking software)
- Monitor quality and performance of applications through performance-, load- and security testing
Tech stack (flexible):
- Java / C# or similar
- Docker (or similar containerized systems)
- Appium (for Mobile Device Automation)
- Kubernetes in AWS, AWS Cloud Deployment, and AWS tech stack
- Sonar or similar coverage analysis tools
What you can contribute to the team:
- English (fluent)
- German (optional, but preferred)
- Flexible in an agile and fluent environment
- Ability to learn new languages and technologies
- Resourcefulness and troubleshooting attitude
- Willingness for a certain amount of overtime in urgent cases
What we offer:
- Competitive salary
- Latest hardware
- Flexible working hours
- Centrally located (1050 Vienna, near Naschmarkt)
- Modern office space with Gym
- Home Office options also post Covid restrictions
- Various Perks
- and more