Product Owner/Project Manager (m/w/d)
Would you like to be part of the energy revolution, while working in a flexible, innovative startup that is shaping the energy market nationally and globally? Then, backbone.one is the right company for you.
backbone.one is the world‘s first platform where energy trading, energy communities and new business models based on renewables become a reality. By connecting decentralized renewable energy production & storage infrastructure on our platform we are enabling consumers and companies to trade renewable energy as a currency. This will substantially reduce the global energy footprint and foster new business opportunities across industries and regions.
We are searching for agile, motivated, and skilled new members for the team, that share our passion for innovation as well as market disruption and are urging to fight climate change together with us.
What you will do:
As a Product Owner we expect you to shape the roadmap of the product together with the founders and the core team. We also would ask you to contribute to our GTM strategy with the marketing team.
You will work together with one or 2 agile teams on our core platform or the customer specific implementations. You will follow and analyze the competition daily, while shaping your own backlog based on customer and market needs. In our agile environment you will work closely with the developers, our designers and Test Automation Engineers in sprint planning’s, refinements and other agile ceremonies, leveraging the best of breed toolset and technologies in the market.
As we are expanding quickly, we need self-sufficient members that like to work in a team.
We expect you to be the bridge between our customers and partners, working with them on the short and long term strategy of our product. We need you to be or become a subject matter expert in the ever-growing energy sector and in the digital transformation of this industry.
What we are looking for:
- 6+ years of experience in Product Management.
- Jira (or similar ALM Tool)
- Define product strategy and roadmap, for a specific release or long term
- Work directly with customers and external third parties to gather/assess requirements, partnerships opportunities
- Stay up to date with the competition and ready to be a subject matter expert
- Act as a leader within the company, that drives the product story
- Create and run beta and MVP programs with early-stage products and samples with customers or for other stakeholders
- Drive Innovation within the company
- Experience in competitive analysis
- Keeping track on the market on a regular basis, to adjust the roadmap of the company
- Familiarity and real-life experience with Agile development methodologies for multiple years
- Capable of performing agile ceremonies like Sprint Planning, Retrospective, Daily Scrum and Sprint Reviews
- Experience with software design and development in a test-driven environment
- Gather and evaluate user feedback
- Support and work with marketing on the right messaging for the product
- Previous know-how/subject matter expertise in the energy business preferred
- Can deliver both, Product Manager and Product Owner responsibilities if needed
Tech stack (flexible):
- UI Usage and data analysis with e.g., Google Analytics
- Confluence / Office 365 / Slack as communication mediums
- Diverse Market direction and analysis tools
What you can contribute to the team:
- English (fluent)
- German (optional, but preferred)
- Flexible in an agile and fluent environment
- Ability to learn new languages and technologies
- Resourcefulness and troubleshooting attitude
- Willingness for a certain amount of overtime in urgent cases
What we offer:
- Competitive salary – range starting at €56,000 with willingness to overpay according to experience and qualifications.
- Latest hardware
- Flexible working hours
- Centrally located (1050 Vienna, near Naschmarkt)
- Modern office space with Gym
- Home Office options also post Covid restrictions
- Various Perks
- and more