Platform Architect (m/w/d)
Would you like to be part of the energy revolution, while working in a flexible, innovative startup that is shaping the energy market nationally and globally? Then, backbone.one is the right company for you.
backbone.one is the world‘s first platform where energy trading, energy communities and new business models based on renewables become a reality. By connecting decentralized renewable energy production & storage infrastructure on our platform we are enabling consumers and companies to trade renewable energy as a currency. This will substantially reduce the global energy footprint and foster new business opportunities across industries and regions.
We are searching for agile, motivated, and skilled new members for the team, that share our passion for innovation as well as market disruption and are urging to fight climate change together with us.
What you will do:
As Platform Architect, we are expecting you to architect a modern, reusable and extendable platform that can easily be configured for different customers and communities, and that makes it easy to switch to different technologies, environments. You will work with our developers on multiple responsive webapps and the backend they are using, that work for both desktop and mobile devices while leveraging the latest technologies, tools, design methodologies and API’s.
We are also looking for someone that can be hands-on, develop code on their own if needed, while the focus will be the platform design.
As we are expanding quickly, we need you to be self-sufficient and capable of guiding the team in terms of architecture, the technologies used, coding best practices. You will work closely with Product Management on the roadmap and the expected outcome.
What we are looking for:
- 3+ years of experience in architecting platforms for Front-/Backend
- Experience in using and managing large projects with GitHub or other Versioning systems
- Experience in leveraging AWS or Azure as a consideration for the architecture
- Experience with creating an extendable, scalable and well maintainable platform
- Capable of considering modern technologies, that allow a Mobile First/X-Platform Technology
- Familiarity and real-life experience with agile development methodologies
- Experience with software design and development in a modern, agile team
- Recommend and execute improvements, including refactoring
- Create technical documentation about the architecture, guidelines and usage
- Integrate with existing systems and backend APIs with high performance from the Frontend
- Ensure a high-performance/high throughput architecture, in sync with the team about the expected performance
Tech stack (flexible):
- Flutter (preferred) for Frontend
- Java (for Backend)
- Angular / Typescript / React / Vue (optionally)
- Docker (or similar containerized systems)
- UI Usage and data analysis with e.g., Google Analytics
- Kubernetes in AWS, AWS Cloud Deployment and AWS tech stack
What you can contribute to the team:
- English (fluent)
- German (optional, but preferred)
- Flexible in an agile and fluent environment
- Ability to learn new methods, design styles and technologies
- Resourcefulness and troubleshooting attitude
- Willingness for a certain amount of overtime in urgent cases
What we offer:
- Competitive salary
- Latest hardware
- Flexible working hours
- Home Office options also post Covid restrictions
- Various Perks
- and more