Junior Frontend Developer (m/w/d)
Would you like to be part of the energy revolution, while working in a flexible, innovative startup that is shaping the energy market nationally and globally? Then backbone.one is the right company for you.
backbone.one is the world‘s first platform where energy trading, energy communities and new business models based on renewables become a reality. By connecting decentralized renewable energy production & storage infrastructure on our platform we are enabling consumers and companies to trade renewable energy as a currency. This will substantially reduce the global energy footprint and foster new business opportunities across industries and regions.
We are searching for agile, motivated, and skilled new members for the team, that share our passion for innovation as well as market disruption and are urging to fight climate change together with us.
What you will do:
As a Junior Frontend Developer, we are expecting you to develop a modern, reusable, and extendable frontend that can easily be configured for different customers and communities. You will work with our designers on multiple responsive webapps, that work on desktop and mobile devices equally, while we want you to leverage the latest technologies, tools, design methodologies, and API’s.
As we are expanding quickly, we need self-sufficient members, that like to work in a team. You also need to be comfortable with agile methodologies and ceremonies, like sprint planning, refinements, and retrospectives. You will work closely with the Product Management and agile coaches to improve your own skillset, the team’s velocity and, most importantly, the product. We also expect you to support the QA and build process of your code with unit tests in a modern DevOps/CICD pipeline on different stages.
What we are looking for:
- 3+ years of experience with Web-Development.
- Experience in working with GitHub or other Versioning systems.
- Familiarity and real-life experience with agile development methodologies.
- Experience in leveraging AWS or Azure (for build, code-deployments, test, virtualization).
- Experience with software design and development in a test-driven environment.
- Able to write and execute Unit-Tests for Frontend systems.
- Verify and deploy programs and systems.
- Troubleshoot, debug and upgrade existing software.
- Develop and test software to meet consumers’ and clients’ needs.
- Gather and evaluate user feedback.
- Recommend and execute improvements, including refactoring.
- Create technical documentation for reference and reporting.
- Integrate with existing systems and backend APIs with high performance from the Frontend.
- Capable of creating and running/maintaining a CI/CD Pipeline with Jenkins (preferred) or a similar DevOps toolset.
Tech stack (flexible):
- Svelte (preferred)
- Angular / Typescript / React / Vue (optionally)
- Docker (or similar containerized systems)
- Kubernetes in AWS, AWS Cloud Deployment, and AWS tech stack
What you can contribute to the team:
- English (fluent)
- German (optional, but preferred)
- Flexible in an agile and fluent environment
- Ability to learn new languages and technologies
- Resourcefulness and troubleshooting attitude
- Willingness for a certain amount of overtime in urgent cases
What we offer:
- Competitive salary
- Latest hardware
- Flexible working hours
- Centrally located (1050 Vienna, near Naschmarkt)
- Modern office space with Gym
- Home Office options also post Covid restrictions
- Various Perks
- and more