Backend Developer (m/w/d)
Would you like to be part of the energy revolution, while working in a flexible, innovative startup that is shaping the energy market nationally and globally? Then backbone.one is the right company for you.
backbone.one is the world‘s first platform where energy trading, energy communities, and new business models based on renewables become a reality. By connecting decentralized renewable energy production & storage infrastructure on our platform we are enabling consumers and companies to trade renewable energy as a currency. This will substantially reduce the global energy footprint and foster new business opportunities across industries and regions.
We are searching for agile, motivated, and skilled new members for the team that share our passion for innovation as well as market disruption and are urging to fight climate change together with us.
What you will do:
As a Backend Developer, we are expecting you to work with our generic platform and extend our interfaces and services within the product and to external systems. Our core platform needs to be extended with an architecture that can easily be configured for different company or partner requirements as well as end-consumer systems. You will need to integrate with modern systems within backbone.one and externally. We are using bleeding-edge technology and data models, including Blockchain, OpenAPI, and more.
Besides the integrations and the API layer, you will also need to extend our data model while keeping extendibility and reuse always in mind. Modeling our defined business processes into the platform will also be a big chunk of your daily tasks.
As we are expanding quickly, we need self-sufficient members, that like to work in a team, and are comfortable with agile methodologies and ceremonies, like sprint planning, refinements, and retrospectives. You will work closely with Product Management and agile coaches to improve your own skillset, the team’s velocity and, most importantly, the product. We also expect you to support the QA and build process of your code with unit tests in a modern DevOps/CICD pipeline on different stages.
What we are looking for:
- 6+ years of experience in Database and Backend Development.
- Java or other object-oriented language (for example C#)
- OpenAPI / Swagger (REST)
- SOAP / WSDL
- Experience with authentication Methods/Technologies, including but not only:
- Security Token Support
- Microservice Architectures
- Real-Time Data synchronization
- Access to physical systems via APIs
- DB design & programming (SQL, like MySQL/MSSQL & NoSQL-based systems, for example MongoDB)
- Docker (or similar containerized systems)
- Data Analysis with e.g., Google Analytics
- Experience in using and managing large projects with GitHub or other Versioning systems.
- Experience for interfacing with multiple systems in a performant and reliable manner.
- Experience in creating an open API, that can be leveraged by 3rd party systems.
- Capable of designing & creating a secure, reliable and extendable Backend with a modern architecture.
- Experience with various authentication and security methods.
- Familiarity and real-life experience with agile development methodologies.
- Experience with software design and development in a test-driven environment.
- Able to write and execute Unit-Tests for the Backend systems.
- Verify and deploy programs and systems in a cloud-based environment.
- Troubleshoot, debug and upgrade existing software.
- Gather and evaluate user feedback.
- Recommend and execute improvements, including extensive refactoring.
- Create technical documentation for reference and reporting.
- Integrate with existing systems and backend APIs with high performance.
- Capable of creating and running/maintaining a CI/CD Pipeline with Jenkins (preferred) or a similar DevOps toolset.
What you can contribute to the team:
- English (fluent)
- German (optional, but preferred)
- Flexible in an agile and fluent environment
- Ability to learn new languages and technologies
- Resourcefulness and troubleshooting attitude
- Willingness for a certain amount of overtime in urgent cases
What we offer:
- Competitive salary
- Latest hardware
- Flexible working hours
- Centrally located (1050 Vienna, near Naschmarkt)
- Modern office space with Gym
- Home Office options also post Covid restrictions
- Various Perks
- and more