Would you like to be an active part of the energy revolution, while working in a flexible, innovative environment that is shaping the energy market nationally and globally? Then backbone.one is the right pick for you.
backbone.one is a Greentech venture providing the world’s first platform, where new business models based on renewables become a reality. We are currently in the process of bringing joint renewable energy products to the market within various industries, so future transactions with and based on renewable energy can take place via our platform. This will substantially reduce the global energy footprint and foster new and sustainable business opportunities across industries and regions. We are searching for agile, motivated, and skilled new members for our team that share our passion for innovation, as well as market disruption and are urging to fight climate change together with us.
We are searching for agile, motivated, and skilled new members for our team that share our passion for innovation, as well as market disruption and are urging to fight climate change together with us.
As a Backend Developer, we are expecting you to work with our generic platform and extend our interfaces, services and databases within the product and for external systems. Our core platform, based on Azure and .NETCore needs to be extended with an architecture that can easily be configured for different company or partner requirements, as well as end-consumer systems. You will need to integrate with modern systems within backbone.one and externally. We are investing and using bleeding-edge technology and data models, including Blockchain, OpenAPI, and more.
Besides the integrations and the API layer, you will also need to extend our data model while keeping extendibility and reuse always in mind. Modeling our defined business processes into the platform will also be a big chunk of your daily tasks.
As we are expanding quickly, we need self-sufficient members, that like to work in a team, and are comfortable with agile methodologies and ceremonies, like sprint planning, refinements, and retrospectives. You will work closely with Product Management and agile coaches to improve your own skillset, the team’s velocity and, most importantly, the product. We also expect you to support the QA and build process of your code with unit tests in a modern DevOps/CICD pipeline on different stages.
- 4+ years of experience in Database and Backend Development
- C# (preferred), other languages optional
- OpenAPI / Swagger (REST)
- SOAP / WSDL
- SQL | Entity Framework | NoSQL
- Timeseries DB’s, Relational DB’s and more
- Microservice Architectures
- Real-Time Data synchronization
- Access to physical systems via APIs
- DB design & programming (SQL, like MySQL/MSSQL & NoSQL-based systems, for example MongoDB)
- Docker (or similar containerized systems)
- Data Analysis with e.g., Google Analytics
Experience with authentication Methods/Technologies, including but not only:
- Security Token Support
- Experience in using and managing large projects with GitHub or other Versioning systems
- Experience for interfacing with multiple systems in a performant and reliable manner
- Experience in creating an open API, that can be leveraged by 3rd party systems
- Capable of designing & creating a secure, reliable and extendable Backend with a modern architecture
- Experience with various authentication and security methods
- Familiarity and real-life experience with agile development methodologies
- Experience with software design and development in a test-driven environment
- Able to write and execute Unit-Tests for the Backend systems
- Verify and deploy programs and systems in a cloud-based environment
- Troubleshoot, debug and upgrade existing software
- Gather and evaluate user feedback
- Recommend and execute improvements, including extensive refactoring
- Create technical documentation for reference and reporting
- Integrate with existing systems and backend APIs with high performance
- Capable of creating and running/maintaining a CI/CD Pipeline with Jenkins (preferred) or a similar DevOps toolset
Flexible working hours and hybrid working options
Learning & personal development opportunities
State-of-the-art tech tools
Regular team get-togethers
Office in an old candy factory in the 15th district in Vienna, reborn as our high-tech "House of Energy"
Focus on collaboration, autonomy and working with an international team
Access to cutting edge technologies and participation in leading research activities